SEO is the process of optimizing your webpage so that it receives free, unpaid or organic traffic from Search Engine. It is an incremental process and often consists of small modification to your webpage.
1. Keyword in Domain name – If you are interested in some specific field like SEO make sure you include keyword in your domain for example seotips.com.
2. Keyword in Post Url- Always changes your post permalink if there is no keyword in the Url, blogger and WordPress by default adds title as the permalink. If you don’t see title of the post in the Url, then you need to change your permalinks option.
3. Keywords in Title tag,headings, meta description and in Body- Use at least one keyword in title tag, headings and meta description. Don’t use too many keywords in body, you can also use keywords in subheadings. If you are on WordPress self hosted blog you can use “WordPress SEO by Yoast” plugin to automate all above tasks.
4. Optimize Images- Add alt tags and title in all of your images and make sure to optimize the size to cut the server load. For WordPress you can use Smust. It plugin to automate this task and for other platform you can use standalone software like Gimp or XnConvert. Reducing the image size without compromising its quality is called as lossless optimization and thus reduces the loading time of your website, Since Google has incorporated Site speed in ranking of Search Results.
5. Interlinking- Interlink all your related post, make sure your link contains keyword. Don’t link too deep and same keywords more than two times. If you are linking to other website (outbound links) always make sure that site you are linking to is a “Good Site”, don’t link your website to spam sites.
6. Optimize your Website/blog- It is proven that decreasing the loading time of your website/blog is directly affects the number of visitors/pageview. Best practice is to not exceed 100k page size and reducing unnecessary scripts and meta tags from WebPage. You can use Google Page Speed tool to check your website speed and it also suggest what action should be taken to optimize website. To optimize your Website you can use W3 Total Cache WordPress Plugin.
7. Submit your website/blog to Search Engine/Directories- Create Google Webmaster and Analytics account submit your website including sitemap, track your rankings and other details. Submit your website/blog to Bing and other Search Engine like Baidu, Yandex etc. Listing your website in DMoz can take more than a year but if you succeed, then it will boast your overall ranking. If you can’t wait then go for Yahoo paid listing which charges around 299$. There are many web directories where you can list your website free of cost.
8. Easy Navigation – Make sure user can navigate your website without any problem,include two sitemaps one for visitors and other for Search Engines. Use breadcrumbs for internal sitemaps and Xml sitemaps for Search Engines.
9. Quality Contents – Provide quality contents to your visitors, engage visitors and decrease bounce rate of your website. Don’t copy other’s work, write fresh contents,easy to read and primarily for your readers not for Search Engine.
10. Social Network- Create Social Profile on various Social Network such as Facebook, Twitter, Google+, LinkedIn etc and daily share your post/article’s on these Social Network. Make sure you put your domain name in Social Network Profiles.
Article Courtesy: eBuzznet.com